Wednesday, April 22, 2009

THIS AND THAT

My daily visitor






I have been busy this week with spring on it's way. We are finishing up our bedroom..pictures will follow soon I hope. Every morning I have a visitor...my friendly wild turkey. This picture was taken before all the snow melted. I have about 12-15 of them that show up now and again but this one shows up every morning and every evening. I am fighting the dang squirrels around my bird feeders and I think I am winning the battle.


I finished my karoke scarf. I am not sure who will receive it but I sure enjoyed making it.

I received a phone call from a dear dear friend today. She lives in Michigan and she called to let me know she is planning a visit. It won't be until the end of May or early June but I am so excited. She lived with us in Las Vegas for a time and we have not seen her in almost two years. We have so much we want to show her while she is here in Maine.

I have been working on socks and have some more sock yarn to show but that will be in a later post. I just wanted to let you know that I am still here and busy knitting.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice cable scarf! My family is in Rumford, Auburn...and a couple other cities in Maine...cool. I hope that you have a wonderful visit with your friend when she arrives...and that is a pretty big wild turkey!

Carol said...

Thanks, we just found out our friend is arriving May 27th...we are in So Maine...outside of Sanford...about 20 min from Portland...

monica said...

Wild Turkeys, the only wildlife we have are chipmunks and skunks and the occasional squirrel
The scarf looks nice