Monday, June 1, 2009

A FEW DAYS OFF

My friend, Jeanene, arrived on Wed. night. She was suppose to be here at 3pm but because of the lovely weather here on the east coast she was delayed. The poor thing arrived in NY to find her connecting flight had been cancelled. The airline set her up for a flight from NY to DC where she could catch a flight to Portland ME...problem was....the flight wouldn't arrive in ME until 11pm. What's a girl to do but go with it....she also found that somewhere along the way, she is thinking in NY because they had to empty her carryon, that she lost her new camera. So she arrived here alot later then she planned and minus her camera. She bought a card for my camera and used it. We made the best of the weather and the situtation and had a GREAT time. She left this morning and I miss not having her here.
See the friendly creature we found on the side of the road in the White Mts of NH. Jeanene kept saying she wanted to see a moose and a moose she saw....


We went to Kennebunkport, Walker's Point....this is my sister Nancy and myself...Jeanene took the picture.
This one is taken in Kennebunkport, myself, my hubby and Jeanene...We shopped around and took in as much as we could..We were lucky that the sun came out that day and it was wonderful.


This is Jeanene at the White Mts...NH...The Flume...her and my hubby took it in while I waited in the coffee shop...It was sorta nasty, rainy and I just didn't think I could take the walk...they found it rather challenging with the rushing water but totally enjoyed it...


Here are hubby and myself...this is at Wiley's House in the White Mts...this was always one of my grandparents favorite spots and I always stop when we go to the mountains....





AND....while in Kennebunkport...or Kennebunk Lower Village we stopped at the YARN store...I was very disappointed when we went to NH as I mapped out two yarn stores and NEITHER one was there...I don't know where they went or why they have a web site but they weren't there...very disappointing....but here I am with my hubby and sister trying to decide which yarn to buy....I ended up with more Happy Feet yarn and my sister picked up some Happy Feet and some angora yarn along with a new scarf pattern....


I guess that is it for now....the sun is shining and I have a house to clean....Happy Knitting




No comments: