Sunday, June 7, 2009

YESTERDAY

We had a big family BBQ and birthday for my Mom...she is 86. It was so much fun with all the family and friends. I haven't downloaded any pictures yet but I will try to do it later today.

I have an aunt who is learning how to knit. She lives about 3 hours away from me so I am not there to help her out all the time. She brought her knitting with her and we just had such a good laugh over it. She is making a baby sweater or I should say a toddler sweater. Well, the front and back are nice but, the sleeve...that is another story. I really should have thought to take a picture to show everyone. The sleeve had to be like way too big...she knew she had a problem but thought she was doing just what the pattern called for and I had to explain to her that when she got to the arm area that she had to decrease for the raglan...well it said 18 inches for the length and she thought it meant 18 inches then decrease ....I got her on the right track...my mom and I ripped it down to where she should be on it and the funny thing is that the second sleeve was coming along nicely. I told her that I make both sleeves at one time and that just threw her for a loop. Mind you this is a lady who made mittens years ago and the thumbs were going downward instead of upward...we laughed over that one. I must say the sweater part was very nice....she is a little nervous about putting the sweater together and I told her I would help her with that one. Wait til she gets to the neck part...I didn't tell her that one yet.....anyway, she crochets like no ones business....I know she can conquer this sweater. It sure is fun teaching someone how to knit...they get so excited. I showed her my socks on 4 needles and she laughed...she said she has a hard enough time with two needles...let alone 4...I think I will show her the circular needle next...LOL

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments: