Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Weekend of knitting while camping

It looked like it was going to be a good weekend for camping last weekend. I forget that I am in New England and that could end fast. Hubby and I headed out Friday night to set up the tent and get ready for a nice weekend. My sister, brother and his wife met up with us on Saturday morning. I always bring along my knitting and convinced my sister to bring hers too. My sister in law doesn't knit...but my sister is making socks for her. She made a pair of pedicure socks for our niece and now my sister in law wants a pair.
Saturday was just a gorgeous day and we had a nice breakfast over the campfire...bacon and eggs always taste good when cooked over the fire. We decided that after lunch we would rent a canoe and go canoeing...or I should say the rest of them decided to rent the canoe. I wanted to sit at the campsite and knit....well, I went for a very quick canoe ride and asked to be brought back to land so I could relax and knit...Canoeing is not my thing...I am not thrilled being on the water.
So here I am sitting back at the campsite with my knitting. It is hard to see but I do have it in my lap. I have a neat little sock bag that I carry with me and it is attached to the chair. Well, I had started a pair of socks at home and thank heaven I decided to bring other yarn with me as well because I really wasn't happy with the pair I had started at home. They looked way to big and loose. So I started another pair and then decided to rip out the first pair. I now have two pair of socks going and I like the pattern much better. As soon as I have more done I will post pictures.



Here we are out in the canoe....my hubby, myself and my sister. My brother and his wife were in another canoe and took the picture.

Here is out tent. Now let me tell you we love to tent. but, Sat night we got rain...and we stupidly didn't tighten the top and we got rained on....luckily we weren't far from home so the three of us at 1 am headed to the house. My brother and his wife are sound asleep and dry in their little tear drop camper. At 8 am we headed back to pick up the tent and things and went home where the tent is now set up in my yard drying out. Yes, we will go again as we just love it.....



2 comments:

Tina in Wonderland said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Well, except the part about waking up being rained on. :O) It looks like you were hanging on pretty tight in that canoe! LOL

Carol said...

Yes, I was hanging on....it was uncomfortable as the canoe was made for two people and I got stuck sitting on the floor...very uncomfortable...but great trip